As early learning and early elementary school teachers, parents and early learning advocates, you see firsthand the results of high-quality early learning in action. You see how high-quality early learning can transform individuals, classrooms, even communities.
As part of the Strong Start for Children Campaign to support President Obama’s bold new early learning initiative, we will gather hundreds of your stories, turn them into a book, and deliver them to key policy makers.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Stories from teachers participating in state-funded prekindergarten programs, Head Start and Early Head Start programs about a child (or an entire class) they taught that benefited from being in a high-quality early learning program.
- Stories from early care providers about the positive impact that high-quality care has on a child’s development.
- Stories from elementary school teachers who have seen how high-quality early learning has prepared students for success.
- Stories from parents who have seen their children develop critical skills by being in a high-quality early learning environment.
- Stories from nurse practitioners and other professionals who provide voluntary home visits to support families about the positive impact they had on a particular family.
- Stories from business leaders who understand that high-quality early childhood programs yield a positive long term economic impact.
Please add your story to our book for Members of Congress today by filling out the form below. If you’d like us to include a photo with your story, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name in the subject line.